Reigate College specialises in providing high quality education for 16-19 year old students in a supportive and caring community and is committed to equality of rights and opportunity. It has the highly prized status of being a National Teaching School and has been graded as 'outstanding' by Ofsted since 2005.
Situated in the appealing market town of Reigate, the College attracts students from over one hundred state and independent schools and usually receives twice as many applications for the places available.
Why Choose Reigate College?
Take a look at our College Video to hear what students say, or read our ten good reasons:
- Reigate College has been graded ‘outstanding’ by Ofsted since 2005 and is regularly placed in the top ten of UK Colleges (using success rates as the criteria).
- In 2015 the College, along with five other local 'outstanding' schools was awarded the accolade of being a National Teaching School, as part of the East Surrey Alliance (see press release in news section).
- The College’s results show that it provides an environment in which all students can shine – whether they are academically gifted, or find academic studies more challenging.
- It is a specialist ‘Sixth Form’ College’, with specialist A Level and BTEC subject teachers, which means students benefit from the expert subject knowledge and experience of their teaching staff.
- Students have the opportunity to select from a range of around forty-five AS/A Level and BTEC courses and can pick any combination of these courses (see A to Z course finder). This means study programmes are tailor-made to fit students’ specific requirements, which in turn improves their chances of success.
- Reigate’s facilities are second to none, with an impressive Sports Centre, Dance Studio and Theatre on site and fabulous sports fields off site at Wallfield on Green Lane (off Park Lane) in Reigate. See the 360 degree tour to see more, or come to one of our Open Evenings.
- The College community is an extremely supportive one. Students can expect to be supported throughout their time at College with the mix of support available coming from teachers, tutors, learning support specialists, careers advisors and counsellors.
- Students can pick from an impressive selection of ‘extra-curricular’ clubs and activities to complement their academic studies. These range from skills-based activities like Debating, to the Duke of Edinburgh’s Award, College productions, and Competitive Sport. See the College Activities Programme for a list of activities offered during the Autumn and Spring Terms.
- The well-resourced College Careers Department does an excellent job helping students plan their future career paths and supporting them with job and university applications (see Beyond Reigate).
- And finally….. the Students’ Union does a brilliant job ensuring students have a great social life while at College. From parties, to charity events and rallies to talent shows, there are certainly plenty of opportunities for students to get together and have some fun! See Students’ Union.